Sunday, May 16, 2010

First of all, LAST BLOG EVER! Kinda sad.So that is the only reason I chose to color my text. Wanted to do something special. Anyways, ohh junior year, so much has happened over the span of the school year. Gains and losses both took hold of my life this. Now, moving into the final stage of my high school career, the inevitability of growing up and moving out takes another leap closer.
Most say junior year is the most important year of high school. Now that it’s over, a bitter-sweet sense of accomplishment overcomes me. Over the course of this year, I have learned so much from all of my teachers, actually only like two of them. But still, that’s more than I usually learn. I surprisingly feel like I have come away from this year with more knowledge. Normally, everything about the year is forgotten as soon as the test is passed. This year however, I have retained most of the information from our language class and also I have remembered most of what I’ve learned in U.S. history. I actually feel a little smarter. Happily, the year wasn’t as stressful as I thought it would be either. When entering the year, I was told by an older friend that I would most likely be locked in my room studying every day to struggle through the classes. This really did not appear to be the case seeing as I was out every weekend and at least once during the school week. The only speed bump in this path was A.P. Stat. I severely regret taking this class. It drastically lowered my GPA and caused many mental breakdowns. Sadly, it took control of my life for a little while. Luckily, I pulled through though and survived the class.
Although the school year academically was relatively low stress, my social went through some turbulent changes. Mistakes, regrets and loss were placed sporadically through out the course of the year. Friends were lost, gained and lost again. One case in particular stands out very clearly in my mind. Now, not naming names, but after this year I can say I’m relatively glad this one particular friend was lost. My life became so much less dramatic with out this person. After many conflicts, I can safely say I’m completely done and now relieved that it’s over. My regrets consist mainly of letting others influence me and the guys I chose to affiliate with. However, it could have been a lot worse and everything ended up working out for the best.
This year stands out in my memory as one of the most changing. With many new, close friends to replace the lost ones, I find the new growth refreshing and has allowed for more personal realization to occur. The year closes with a sad sense of loss as I move forward into the unknown of final year of high school. Taking the steps to the last level of normality is a frightening concept. The number of my days at home grows shorter and the looming prospect of going out into the world draws closer. Though slightly scared to face this new change and sad to leave all that I have grown to love behind, I can not wait to see what the next year holds for my future.

1 comment:

  1. :D I like this blog!! And I'm not sure if I have to comment, but I will just in case!

    So, yeah. I absolutely agree. Ending this year is a little bitter sweet and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe because everyone's done so much this year and it's strange to see it just end. It went by really fast and wasn't as much of a struggle as everyone said, as you mentioned. The friends you're talking about. Well yes, I see how you're better off. And even though they are currently my friend, I still think that this person was a little toxic to you. They tried to control you and wouldn't let you think for yourself, it seemed like. But I dont know... just my opinion. Alright umm YESSSS to new friends :D. and you should have mentioned your new car cause it's just that fantastic. Space car!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha :D
    This summer will be awesome. Scheduled activites? I THINK SO.

    ReplyDelete