Sunday, May 9, 2010

Please Read

Robert Overholt

More children are killed in a single day by abortion in the U.S. than Americans were killed on September 11, 2001.

The debate over abortion rests in the conflict about when the child is considered alive. Most pro-life advocates claim that there is no way to determine when the child is considered alive. Many state that it is not alive until it is capable to live on its own. Prominent abortionist, Dr. Bernard Nathanson, has been personally responsible for 75,000 abortions. He claims that “Fetology makes it undeniably evident that life begins at conception and requires all the protection and safeguards that any of us enjoy. Why, you may well ask, do some American doctors who are privy to the findings of fetology discredit themselves by carrying out abortions? Simple arithmetic at $300 a time, 1.55 million abortions means an industry generating $500,000,000 annually, of which most goes into the pocket of the physician doing the abortion.” These are the words of one of the most well-known abortionists in America. Research from the Georgia Right to Life maintains that a child develops a heart beat approximately 21 days after conception. Yet, less than 3 percent of abortions occur within three weeks after conception (The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform). The other 97 percent of abortions are murders.
It is an undeniable fact that these babies are alive. Another abortionist, Doctor Joseph Randall of Atlanta, Georgia, stated that, “after the operation you have to reassemble that baby - arms, legs, head, chest - everything. That's when it got rough, even for old-timers like me” (Teen Breaks).
Many also argue that women have the right to choose what they do with their body. I agree. Women should have complete control over their bodies; enough control to control sexual temptation and not get pregnant in the first place. Condoms do break. Birth Control does have its flaws. Yet, all of these things come with the act of sexual intercourse.
Moreover, many claim that a woman who is raped should not have to carry the burden of bearing the resultant child. They condemn pro-life advocates, asking them, “how they can force a twelve-year old girl to have a child who is the result of incest?” or “how can they call themselves a loving person if they force a victim of a violent rape to have the child?” The plea for a raped woman or for a woman victimized by incest is taken advantage of by many abortion advocates. Yet, many of these pleas are misrepresented. In the first place, approximately 70 percent of women are against abortion. Of the women victimized by rape and incest in America, 80 percent claimed that an abortion due to rape or incest would make the situation worse. The number of women who become pregnant from rape or incest is small, regardless. Less than 1 percent of abortions are the result of rape or incest. Less than 10 percent of rape victims become pregnant(Abortion Facts).
There is no ethical or logical reasoning to support abortion, aside from convenience. Men and Women have sex. That is a fact. It is often-times an act of spontaneity; sometimes it is planned. Sometimes pregnancies are an accidental byproduct of such a spontaneous act. Yet, a child should not be killed because two teenagers or adults made an irresponsible decision to get it on.
The number of U.S. abortions is equal to about 9 times the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust.

The number of U.S. abortions is equal to 15,151 times the number of Americans killed on 9/11.

The number of U.S. abortions is equal to 17,478 times the number of Americans killed during the attacks on Pearl Harbor.

Abortion is the number one cause of death in America.

Abortion results in more deaths than heart disease and cancer combined.

…but as long as you live a convenient life who cares…

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what Robert is saying. It seems that many women use abortion as birth control. Also as an easy way out of the responibility that comes with having a child. I like that Robert adds in facts and statistics about abortion. He also has counterarguments and then he disproves the arguments.
    I was shocked to learn that abortion results in more deaths than heart disease and cancer combined.