Sunday, May 16, 2010

Junior Year

This is hopefully the last 500 word blog entry I will ever have to write. According to my calculations we have done about a million of these and I don’t really remember enjoying any of them. Anyways, the year is winding down and it is time to reflect back on the times I had, the friends I made, and the adversities I faced.

Last year when I heard there would be a new high school opening up in the area I began to think if I was truly happy and content at Northview. There were so many people at that school that it was hard to meet new people and the people there weren’t very welcoming in my opinion. I needed and wanted a change that would allow me to have a fun high school experience that I was missing out on.

As my junior year began, I didn’t really know what to think or expect from this year. I saw a lot of familiar faces in the hallways from middle school and it made me feel very comfortable. The first thing that I got involved with this year was softball. The season started a few weeks before school did because of tryouts and other things. It was nice being able to get to know the girls on the team before school started because we all quickly became like a family. The softball season as a whole was a great experience for me. All of the girls became very close and we had a very successful first season. With the help of our sole senior, we established a tradition for success that we will continue for a long time.

After softball season, my schedule quieted down and I focused on school and my friends. I have made a lot of new friends this year and became closer to ones that I had in the past. I reconciled with many people that I had been friends with in middle school and I also met many people I had not known before. I really like the fact that our junior class is so small that you can pretty much know everybody in your grade.

I have gone through a lot of hardships this year. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in November and we have been battling that for almost the whole year. It has been a very difficult time for me because I have seen my mom in the worst state and conditions. At the beginning of the year I had a really good friend that was always there for me and she helped me get through some difficult times. I become a much stronger person inside and I have learned to never take anything for granted.

The second semester of this year was a lot different than the first semester. I felt like I lost a best friend this semester but I also became closer to other friends I had. I had a very good track season this year and I accomplished many great things. I got 7th place in the discus at the state meet, which was a huge accomplishment for me.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my decision to come to Johns Creek. I have enjoyed pretty much every moment and never regretted it for a second. I will miss all of the senior friends I made but I look forward to having an awesome year next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment