Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Sorry

“I cannot be around you because your smile, warm and genuine, is like a thousand shards of glass piercing my tender flesh. But by far the most painful thing of all is the smile I am forced to give you in return.” - Anonymous


I don’t agree with abortion, personally I believe that its murder because in all honesty it is. A fetus, no matter how small, is a living organism that has the right to a life. However, I understand that there are circumstances that exist far beyond my knowledge and for that reason I am pro-choice.


I’ve said it before and I believe it more than ever now, that people have to make decisions for their life based on their needs. If abortion is a choice a woman feels she must make then as a human being I don’t have to agree with it but I do have to accept it. Children are not little angles sent from heaven that give a persons life meaning. Kids are a huge responsibility and always make a relationship ten times harder to be in. Also there’s the other little detail that some people should not be parents. I am not saying I am the know all judge of which people should procreate or not but there are those people you meet and you just know they shouldn’t be reproducing. Adoption is a much better choice but abortion should be an option for the person that wants it. Even more people should not bring children into this world if they cannot love and support them in the proper way. Children are the future, however cliche that is, and we need to make sure we’re not just forcing the growth of a person that might grow up with serious issues. Parents play a major role in child development, mothers or fathers that don’t want the child will cause serious psychological damage. It’s not fair to create laws that allow that kind of situation.


An even worse is what could occur with a pro-life law. Women would still find ways to have abortions. If the process of abortion is unbeknownst to you as of late, then just know that the legal process is already terrifying and so an illegal one would be ten million times more horrifying, like worthy of a scene in any of the Saw movies horrifying.


Abortion is not something that should be taken lightly, the entire process can take a major toll on a woman’s body and it’s because of this that I have a very strict male to female opinion ratio: 30%/70%. Unless a man is ready to take care of the child without any aid from the woman whatsoever he can’t try to force her to have the child. Like I stated before, serious psychological issues, unless he wants all the responsibility of the baby when the woman doesn’t want it then he needs to let her decision be the one that counts. The ratio rule also applies to the man that wants to force an abortion. Abortion can lead to several very disturbing side effects of them is heavy or persistent bleeding, infection or sepsis, damage to the cervix, scarring of the uterine lining, perforation of the uterus, damage to other organs, and death (as in for the woman).(American Pregnancy) Those side effects are only physical the severe psychological damages are just as bad as well. To try and force an abortion upon a women is an unnatural act so insanely unforgivable I can’t even begin to explain my disgust with men that expect women to abort a child they don’t want. It’s a woman’s body, yes the child is half the man’s but it’s a parasite in her body, stealing her life. I realize my opinion is unfair to men but seriously the two opinions are incomparable.


Now, I realize that I’ve gone well over 500 words now but I have to touch on a matter that I promised I would talk about for Davis. It was recently made known to our APUSH class that Georgia is in the process of either accepting or denying a law that would make it so that a woman would have to see a sonogram of her baby before she can have an abortion. Personally, the idea seems like a huge insult to women. If a woman has made her decision to have an abortion then that’s that, she understands what she’s doing and trying to make an already hard decision even harder is just mean. A woman knows there is a child growing inside her and showing her a picture of that child will only cause more psychological damage for the woman in the long run. Its unfair and it tries to influence her actions. Let people make their decisions and learn from their life lessons what they need to; without inflicting the maximum amount of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment