Sunday, May 16, 2010

Junior Year

Junior year in its’ entirety. Where to begin?

This year was a little bit of a whirl wind for me. The first day of school started off horribly. It was awkward being in a school with teachers I had never heard of, lockers that did not open, and kids I didn’t used to see everyday. It was frustrating not being able to really make the situation better and it did not make it any easier that everyone else was in the same life-hating boat, or so it seemed. As the week went on, things eventually got some what better but I still wanted to go back to Northview where I had been comfortable. I thought I liked change, but after that week I was beginning to look at myself a little differently. As more weeks continued to pass slowly, I started to appreciate my surroundings a little more. I noticed the little things that made Johns Creek a better place for me to be. Even things such as the wall color made a difference. Being away from my best friends was really starting to get to me. However, I still had Jessie which made it a lot easier. She has been there for me through thick and thin this year and I really could never thank her enough for being the best friend anyone could ask for. This year made us grow individually and also as best friends. I don’t think I have ever known more about someone than I know about her, but I also still have so much to learn. While things with my best friend were always lifting my spirits, there were also a lot of negative occurrences this year. Two people with whom I was very close died. I had never really experienced death of a loved one before so that definitely challenged my strength. This year I learned one of the biggest lessons in life the hard way: people don’t always turn out to be the way you originally thought. I lost a lot of good friends this year through this realization and ultimately one of the best friends I’ve ever had. Whether it was losing someone through death or just disagreement, I grew a lot through these experiences.

On a different note, through all the loss and challenges of this year, I found out more of who I am. I understand the kind of person I am and also who I want to be and what I want to achieve. I set goals for myself and really started to apply myself this year. I discovered my passions and ambitions in all aspects of my life. I learned to stay true to myself and not let even the worst people or situations influence who you want to become. Although I am fully aware I am not even close to discovering everything about who I am, this year really opened my eyes and let me get at least a hint.

To sum it all up I can truly only describe my junior year with one word: transpiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment