Sunday, March 14, 2010

Journal A
Robert Overholt


Georgia Tech lost in the ACC Championship game today. That’s annoying.

Johns Creek lacrosse is now four in two. We beat a good region team at West Forsyth on Saturday. The game went by very quickly and the first half was very low scoring and intense. We jumped to a two nothing lead in the first few minutes, then we allowed them to come back before the end of the half and tie the game at two. The second half was a different story, however. We were on fire in the second half, and ended up winning by three goals. If I recall, the final score was something like seven to four. It was a fun game to play in because the weather in the mid afternoon was perfect for lacrosse. During warm ups the temperature was freezing and it started hailing, but towards the middle of half time the wind calmed down and the sun came out. Either way it was a good win and we are off to Grayson High School this Tuesday for our next game. I don’t know much about these teams but they are a five-A school so they are expected to be a solid competitor. I don’t think they are a region game so it should not be that big of a game. I still want to win it though.
Since when did physics become a hard class? I have never had any trouble in physics until this last test that we took on Friday. Normally I can just walk into the classroom without studying and still ace the test. This was not the case on Friday. The test was hard! It seemed like everything was foreign to me. I felt like I was guessing on every single question. The math part is never very difficult, but the multiple choice and short answer was a struggle. My calculus test went well on Friday. My AP Statistics test that I took last week also went well. I am ready for summer.
I cannot wait until summer. Now that I have my license, I feel like this summer is going to be incredible. My plan every day is going to be as follows: wake up in the morning, go to basketball practice, go to the gym and lift, eat lunch, go to the pool with friends for the rest of the day, relax for the rest of the night. I can just see it… rolling my windows down driving down the road with my sunglasses on jamming to 94.9 The Bull. This summer is going to be a blast.
My family planned a trip to Europe this summer. We are going to fly into Paris and then travel via train to Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. I have never been out of the United States, so I am pumped for this trip. I am excited to experience the culture of these European nations and taste the unique and delicious food of each respective country.
Georgia Tech is in the NCAA Tournament! Let’s goooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment