Sunday, March 14, 2010

SAT

This week was quite boring for me. I didn’t go to swimming much at all because I had my last meet of the season last weekend and I wanted to take a bit of a break. Also, I had to miss so much school that I felt it was a good idea to stay home and try to get caught up. I had the SAT on Saturday that I needed to get ready for as well. I had a pretty relaxing week because I didn’t have to swim hard practices every day. I just went to school then came home and did homework. It was weird not having any exercise for four whole days. I got antsy on Friday though and decided to go to practice. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep on Friday night from not having much physical activity, and I wanted a good night’s sleep because I had the SAT the next morning. I feel like that SAT went well, and maybe better than I expected. It was so long though. I had to rush through a couple of the critical reading sections because they give you so little time. I always had a lot of extra time after the math sections though. I think I may have only missed one math question out of the entire test which makes me feel good. I’m not so sure about the critical reading sections though. I think I did decent, but some of the vocabulary questions were harder than I expected them to be. The writing section went okay. I think I did well on the grammar parts and the essay was okay. I think I definitely broke two thousand and I’m hoping to break 2,100. I’m going to be anxious for my results to come in. After the test on Saturday, I went to lunch, shopping, and a movie with Brittany because we both took the SAT. We ate at Mimi’s café and it was delicious. I got this sandwich that was sort of weird but really good. It was a turkey pesto ciabatta with turkey, pesto mayonnaise, bacon, mozzarella cheese, tomato, avocado, and lettuce. Then we went over to the Mall of Georgia and we shopped around for shoes and clothes and stuff. After that, we went to the movie theater and saw Alice in Wonderland. I loved that movie. I thought the casting was perfect and I loved the girl they chose to play Alice. She did a really good job and she looked just right. Also, I’ve always loved Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I was also very surprised to hear the voice of Alan Rickman as the Blue Caterpillar and see Crispin Glover in the movie. I liked Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, although I know a lot of people didn’t like her in the movie. I was very entertained by Alice in Wonderland and I felt happy when I left the theater. Another movie I want to see that’s coming out soon is Iron Man 2 because Mickey Rourke seems like he would be an awesome super villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment