Sunday, March 7, 2010

Journal A
Robert Overholt


I am watching Man vs. Wild with Bear Grylls and I have not yet decided if this guy is dumb or just plain stupid. What kind of idiot would purposely put themselves in life or death positions for a television show? Right now he is looking for a puma. He keeps calling it a “peuuma.” He is in Patagonia in the glaciers. Now captain brilliance is eating raw mountain goat—that can’t be tasty. He must either be very good at what he does, or his crew must save his butt a lot. I don’t know how he survives in these places. He always finds a bug with “lots of protein” but there is no way that a single bug can last as a day’s worth of food. I don’t get that part of the show. Bear Grylls is, however, starting a new show coming in May that seems interesting. It is called Worst Case Scenario, and he puts himself in more life or death scenarios and shows the best way to survive. Interesting…
Now I am watching a show called The Killer Jellyfish. The show is talking about different types of jellyfish that roam Australian waters. These little jellyfish are absolutely terrifying. Box Jellyfish contain a venom potent enough to kill a human within two minutes. They are ten times more dangerous then Portuguese Manowar. I think I am done watching Discovery Channel for a while.
I had a lacrosse game on Saturday. We played a random team called Greenbriar. They were absolutely terrible. The second string played most of the game and we still won 14 to 4. We are currently missing about five starters. We could have used them on Thursday when we played North Springs. I am starting to get the hang of the sport. I can catch and throw pretty well now and I almost scored in Saturday’s game! Key word is almost… One of my old basketball coaches used to tell me, “close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.”
I have decided that I am never going to a beach again. Jellyfish are everywhere and they are scary! These jellyfish are more deadly than sharks. The scary thing for me is the fact that you can’t see them. This is why I am terrified of bees and ants. They are so small that you can’t fight against them or see them coming. I can deal with snakes and sharks simply because you can see what is coming and you can try to fight it. Jellyfish and bees are sneaky. I think I am an apiphobic. That is, I have a fear of bees. Every time I am with a girl or something I will try to be a hard butt and not flinch, but on the inside I am going absolutely crazy. I am allergic to bee stings also, which doesn’t help the cause. I will swell up like a balloon if I am stung.
Bees, wasps, and jellyfish are all creatures of the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment