Sunday, March 7, 2010

secocnd post

This week will be a three day school week for me. Thank God. I’m running out of things to write about concerning As I Lay Dying and The Great Gatsby so I guess I’ll talk about that assignment we had to do with our groups and stalking and the like. So I was placed in a group of four, unlike the other groups of three, and it was Megan, Kylee and Chase. No one really talked, about everyone said they we grounded for ridiculous things. Awesome. Then I read Megan’s blog and did a close reading and when we wrote our stories (mine happened to be about Mr Glenn telling everyone to go home) I wrote mine about Megan.
It wasn’t that fantastic, it was actually quite bad and consisted of her just going to play softball in the end. I can’t say I really liked that assignment to much, but it’s over.
Yesterday I watched someone play videogames for an hour. It was terrible. I ended up taking a nap and talking on the phone in the next room. Of course, I was also forced to talk to people on the Xbox live earphones which was a little weird, especially when they looked me up on facebook and then we stopped playing but their voices were still coming through the tv.. that was just a little too much for me.
I’m glad we did an Alice in Wonderland day in language arts, it was different and interesting and that tea wasn’t half bad. After I got home from the gym on Friday I made my sister dinner and made her read the chapter we were given. Needless to say she was not very amused and voiced her concern that the chapter “didn’t even make sense”.
That was an incredibly good pizza though; barbecue chicken with extra cheese.
In about an hour I’m going to GA tech, again. I can’t say I’m really looking forward to the mindless mingling ahead but I mean, it gets me a day of school.
To be honest that is absolutely no consolation. I hate missing school because I have so much to make up and learn myself. Especially this week when I have tests in two of my hardest classes on Thursday. Oh well, I suppose I will just have to endure this incredible injustice of missing school. Friday I have to go to Auburn, yippee. I’m sure it’ll be nice but there is no way I will ever even consider going there.
I guess the only thing I’m not stressing out about that others are are the standardized tests. I mean, I should take the SAT and ACT again, but I don’t think I will. My mother thinks that’s ridiculous because it’s only like 4 or 5 hours of one day, but she has consented to stop bugging me about it. The ACT wasn’t that bad, I studied for like an hour and then took it, but the SAT was A NIGHTMARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment