Sunday, March 7, 2010

Prom.

Prom. That is what seems to be on everyone’s mind right now. I do not really know why because it is more than a month away, but I guess you do have to start thinking about these kinds of things way in advance. Let me tell you one thing about these shindigs, they are ridiculously expensive and way overpriced. Do you know how much money is spent on prom? And how much these stores are making because of prom? Some businesses stay open only because of prom. Tickets alone are going to cost 140 dollars. 140. That’s just the tickets. Then we have got the dress, the suit, the flowers, the dinner, the shoes, the hair, the nails, the jewelry, the limo (which is always optional but usually a must have). Notice most of these things are all for the girl. The boy does not have many things he has to pay for except for the fact he has to pay for both tickets if he asks a girl. That sucks but is the gentlemanly thing to do. I feel bad though spending all of this money on what? One night to get dressed up. I think school dances are kind of pointless, but I go to them anyways and I have fun. It is one night you get to dress up and do something different for while. And this year is my first year I am able to go to prom so why not go? And it’s Johns Creek’s first prom so that will be exciting. Except my boyfriend has not asked me yet, I am still waiting for him to ask. I know he is going to but I am starting to get impatient. I think he is just trying to think of a good way to ask me and has not thought of one yet. I would not really care if he just straight up asked me instead of doing something cute, but I will let him decide that. I do not want to be pushy and ask him whether or not we are going, but if he has not asked me by the end of this week I might have to start hinting or clear things up about whether we are going or not. My best friend has a date and they are not even going out. I have a boyfriend and I do not have a date yet. Well it is not like I’m going to accept an offer from anyone else I just want him to hurry up and ask me. I have already started shopping for dresses but shhh do not tell him haha. We will keep that info on the down low. But anyways the prices of these things is annoying. I am going to insist that I help pay for the tickets because they are so expensive, and maybe we can split a meal at dinner, because I usually can not finish full meals anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment