Sunday, February 21, 2010

Free entry

On Friday I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed and it sucked pretty bad. I woke up early Friday morning, and obviously I didn’t not feel like getting out of bed because I knew what awaited me. So much so that by the time I did get out of bed I was already late for my appointment. Surprisingly on the way to my appointment I wasn’t scared at all. This was probably due to the fact that about a month earlier I was making the same drive the surgeon’s office. Yup except that time my mom decided she was going to let me eat breakfast and the procedure had to be cancelled because your obviously not supposed to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to receiving an anesthetic ( Try telling my mom this). The other reason was probably because I knew what to expect, and I had sort of just accepted it. Don’t really now how you can accept that in a moment’s notice, a stranger with a red laser will be cutting through your gums, drilling your teeth into small pieces, and removing them with pliars whilst you bleed all over the place.
Anyway as me and my mom finally arrived at the dentist’s office it was time for my procedure. A nurse led me to a back room with a big chair which I promptly sat down in. Then she told me to relax as she stuck a huge needle in my hand (my IV). I was very relaxed. Then she put a bunch of dots on my chest to monitor my heart rate and breathing. The heart rate monitor thing is probably the most annoying machine ever. Especially if you have to listen to it beep for the next 30 minutes or so like I did. Afterwards, I just sat in the chair for 30 minutes or so while my surgeon was in another room chatting it up with one of her “employees” or maybe it was a patient. Once thirty minutes were up it was time for the procedure to start. The nurse let that weird goo in my IV flow through my veins and I was out in an instant. From there all I remember is little snippets of the procedure. Then I remember waking up and the first thing I see is…that nurse! I hate that nurse. Anyway I don’t remember much past then or the car ride for that matter.
Fast forward to now. I feel like crap. After my procedure I was actually feeling surprisingly only hours afterward. My lower lip was completely numb so I wasn’t feeling any pain. Then about 12 hours later or so the pain hit me and it sucked. Since then Ive been taking vicodine and ibuprofen every 8 hours or so. So anyway, as you can probably foresee my weekend wasn’t great so yea…that’s all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment