Sunday, February 21, 2010

Journal Entry

This week has been a fairly normal week for me. On Monday we didn’t have school. I don’t really remember what I did but I probably relaxed around the house and caught up on some sleep. On Tuesday I went to the Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina basketball game down at Tech with my friends Lindsey and Ashley. After track I had about an hour or so to get ready and do as much homework as possible before we left for the game. My friend Lindsey is a Georgia Tech signee so we got our tickets for free. The game was fun and I enjoyed watching the Yellow Jackets stomp on the Tar Heels. It would have been a lot more exciting if UNC actually had a descent team but they don’t. This is a little sad because they won the National Championship last year and they aren’t even going to make the NCAA tournament this year. We left with about seven minutes or so to go in the second half because it was a blow out and it was pretty late. Because we got home so late, I didn’t get a lot of sleep so I was pretty tired on Wednesday morning. Recently I have been finding it harder and harder to get out of bed in the mornings and that morning was no different. Now that I have track every day after school, I am forced to stay up later to get all of my work done. Nothing too exciting happened on Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday I had track practice and then the track Run-a-Thon that every athlete was required to participate in. it started at 6:00 pm and ended at 6:00 am. The way it worked was that there had to be someone running at all times and we signed up for 15 minute increments. I got lucky and signed up for 6:00 pm so I didn’t have to spend the night at school and run in the middle of the night. On Saturday, I got up bright and early to go to the UGA Throwing Clinic down in Athens. This was a clinic put on by Don Babbitt, the throwing coach at Georgia. He talked a lot about throwing the shot put and discus. He went over the best techniques and I learned a lot of new things. In the afternoon we went outside and watched demonstrations by Olympic, professional, and college throwers. This was a great experience and I learned a lot that will hopefully make me a better thrower. My coach has a lot of confidence in me and he expects a lot from me this season so I really want to do well. On Saturday night I went to see Guys and Dolls with my aunt and grandparents. I really enjoyed the play and I thought the entire cast and crew did a great job. I was supposed to go to my dad’s house this weekend but I had a lot going on so I couldn’t make it which was a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment