Saturday, February 13, 2010

Journal Entry

It is a lovely Saturday afternoon and here I sit writing my blog entries. I will probably have enough motivation for only one right now so it is a good thing I have two more days to write the other one. I was really glad that we had a four-day week this week because I am in desperate need of some sleep. Ever since track started I have been busy trying to keep up with all my schoolwork and because of this, I have less and less time for sleeping. So for this four-day weekend I plan sleeping as much as possible. As I look out my window I see all of the beautiful white snow falling off the trees and melting from the ground. This is the second time we have had a good amount of snow fall in a short period of time and once again I am stuck in the house. The roads are too dangerous to drive on because of the ice so I can’t go anywhere or do anything. I don’t really mind this because it is nice to just relax at home every once in a while, especially when things get stressful at school.

This week was kind of an exciting week for me because my birthday was on Tuesday. I turned seventeen which really only means that I can buy a ticket to an R-rated movie now instead of sneaking into them. I guess this is good because I don’t run the risk of getting caught but I never really worried about that anyways. Birthdays don’t overly excite me but I like having a special day to get recognized. I didn’t really get much in the way of presents for my birthday (just money and a few other things) but my friends did a lot for my birthday which made me happy. I got an awesome princess balloon (thanks Dani) and a bunch of cookies and cakes and candy. It was pretty much a normal day, except I had a balloon attached to my backpack all day, but nothing else exciting happened. When I got home I had a nice quiet dinner and celebration with my mom and step-dad. This weekend, our friends from Colorado are in town so we are spending time with them. They were our next door neighbors for fifteen years before they moved so we are very close to them. I spent a lot of time at their house growing up and they are like a second family to me. It was really hard when they moved away but we try to see each other as much as possible. I love going to see them in Colorado because I really like it out there. I love the atmosphere, the weather, and the scenery of the snow-capped mountains in your backyard. Well anyways, we are about to go see the movie Valentine’s Day and I am pretty excited about it because practically everybody and their mother is in it and it looks good. Ok bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment