Monday, January 25, 2010

Blog Entry

I’m going to sound like I am rambling in this post. That’s because I am rambling and don’t know what to talk about.

I wanted to go to the movies on Friday. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to go because I had the SAT on Saturday. Everyone says I should relax on the day before the SAT, and I thought that going to the movies would be a form of relaxing. My parents did not think so.

I guess it was a good thing that I did not go to the movies on Friday. I think I did pretty well on the SAT. I would go into more detail, but I had to sign this thing on the SAT test that says I can’t talk about it. I don’t want the SAT private army to come after me, so I’ll just say that I think I did well.

Another reason why I’m glad that I didn’t go to the movies is because I heard it sucked. The kids watched Lovely Bones, a movie I had never heard about. They said it was about a girl who got raped and murdered and watched over her family. It sounded a little bit creepy, but the people that saw it said that there was only one suspenseful part.

Also, there apparently was a woman behind them that threatened to get them kicked out if they kept whispering. While I agree that it is sometimes annoying when people whisper during a movie, I would have gotten angry if someone kept threatening to kick me out. I guess the best thing to have done was to go to one of the back corners and talk there. That way, it would not disturb other people, and you could talk as much as you want.

The rest of my weekend was pretty boring. It’s kind of sad that the SAT was the highlight of my weekend, but it was. The other time I went out of my house besides going to the SAT was when I went to church. Church was the same as usual for the most part. My church is a relatively small church, and there are around 20 kids in the youth group. Since there are so little, everyone can hear each other sing. That’s why no one wants to sing out loud. My pastor gets annoyed about it every Sunday, and I can sympathize with him. Although I’m not the most devout of Christians, I think that people should be at least a little proud of their religion. But then again, I might a little bit hypocritical. Sometimes I sing, but since I am the only one singing, I back down. The stares of the over people are a bit overwhelming. I should not be so concerned over what other people think, but it’s pretty tough. I think that next week, I’ll try to get there a little bit early so I can tell the other guys around my age to sing. I’ll say that the people who don’t sing should get started at. That’ll make it a little bit fun, and we would still be singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment