Saturday, January 30, 2010

Journal Entry

This week has been one heck of a week. First off it was a full five-day week. These have been very rare since the start of the second semester with all of the wintery weather we have been having here in Georgia. I hear a lot about global warming these days but I’m not really buying that at this moment. I have lived in Georgia my whole life and I don’t think I have ever experienced such a cold and seemingly long winter. Personally, I have no problem with all this cold weather because I like the cold weather and I am a big fan of the occasionally school cancellations. Anyways, this week felt really, really, really long. Like always, I was exhausted as Monday rolled around, and by Wednesday, I was more than ready for the weekend. I was pretty stressed this week because track practice started this week and I had a lot of tests and other things for school. Originally, I was scheduled to have a test on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday but for some reason two of my teachers decided to move their tests to Monday so now I get to study for them this weekend. I was really kind of bummed about this because I wanted to get them over with so I could have a pretty easy weekend when it came to homework. Tack on these journals, the unit paper, and some math homework and now I get to spend a majority of my weekend at my lovely desk with my face in a book. I hate having homework on weekends. I spend at least 2 hours a night during the week doing homework and on the weekends I could really use a break. But no, teachers would like to ruin my life and deprive me of my much-needed sleep by piling on homework over the weekend.

So track started this week and I guess I’m pretty excited about it. The track team is pretty small and there are a lot of underclassmen so the season should be interesting. From what I have seen, there is a lot of potential out there. The track coaches this year are much more strict and intense than what I had last year so this week has been tough. The good thing is that these coaches are a lot better than the coaches that I had at Northview and they are going to push everyone to be their very best. My events are the shot put and discus. These are two events that people don’t really think about when they think of track, but they are two of the hardest events. Being a good thrower requires strength, power, speed, balance, and technique. I have been throwing since seventh grade and I have improved every year. I placed 3rd in Fulton County in the shot put in seventh grade and 1st in eighth grade. I hold the school record for girl’s shot put and discus at Northview and I really look forward to improving even more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment