Sunday, January 31, 2010

Money Needed

You don’t really realize how much money you spend during an average week until you don’t have any money and you are not able to do the things you once did-or you have to get your friends to pay for you. And getting your friends to pay for you sucks and having to order off the dollar menu just isn’t quite as exciting. I am broke. I probably am in the possession of 20 dollars as of right now and my car is quite low on gas- and yes, I have to pay for my own gas and I drive a gas guzzler. I love Starbucks, buying new clothes, going out to eat with my boyfriend, going to the movies with my friends, or just renting a movie at blockbuster, and all of these things have one thing in common-they all cost money. The movie theater is ridiculous- 9 dollars for a ticket? You’ve got to be kidding me. There goes one –fourth of my monthly allowance on a two hour movie when my car takes 50 dollars to fill up. So to confirm what you’re thinking-no I don’t go to the movies that often, unless my parents take pity and offer to pay for it. Starbucks is also extremely over priced but completely addicting. I go there probably about 4 times a week. I don’t always get something there though because that’s expensive and sometimes I have gift cards. I go there so often, yes because peppermint mocha frappchino are absolutely amazing, but also because Starbucks is really the only place I can think of where you can go with one of your friends and the two of you can just talk and relax without being interrupted by waiters and what not. I also love just people watching, I know it’s weird, but I just like watching people and to see what they do and how they interact. But Starbucks is overpriced, and I need to get over my addiction.

I need to make some money, but my parents don’t really want me getting a job right now because they want me focusing on getting good grades and the SAT. I’ll probably get one after Spring Break and before all of the college kids come home and take all of the jobs. That’s what happened last year, I got a little bit of a late start and all of the jobs were gone, so I was broke all summer. First semester I got by because I had a good bit of babysitting and dog sitting jobs, they keep me afloat in the money area, but I haven’t had many jobs lately. I’m gonna have to think of something because I miss going out to eat and hanging out at Starbucks. Maybe I should ask for a raise in allowance since I have to pay for gas, but I don’t know really know if that’s gonna work, but I guess I could always try. Even 50 dollars sounds better than 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment