Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wrestling and Haircuts

This weekend was a busy weekend for my family and I. I barely was in my house all weekend. I was glad that I did not do anything Friday night though. Saturday, I spent a good part of the day helping out with the Jr. Gladiators wrestling tournament. I was there from 8:45 AM to 5:30 PM. It was so hectic. I had four different things that I needed to do all day. I was also a lifesaver for some people.

I got there and instead of being assigned to work the tables like I was originally supposed to, I was sent to be a runner. A runner is someone that walks around the tables and collects the bout sheets, for the brackets, and brings the sheets back to the control room. After they are back in the control room, they have to be entered into the computer. Lets just say I had to go up and down the bleachers a lot that day.

After a while, there were too many runners. I was then put on the task to tape up the updated brackets to the wall. There were three different places to tape them: two upstairs and one downstairs. I only made it so far when I was sent to mat one to help straighten things out for them. Mat one was having some major issues with the bout sheets and brackets. When I got there, I did the timer so Mr. Martin could fix the mess up. I stayed at the mat for the rest of the shift. By the end of the shift, we were all caught up and everything was running smoothly.

At 1:30 PM, there was a lunch break. I did not really get one because there was a presentation for the volunteers. We all had to split back up into our groups and head back down to the tables. This time, I was the one finishing the bout sheets and then updating the bracket manually. Things kept moving fairly fast the second shift. I was happy, but it was such a long day. I did get nine hours of credit for Beta club. I’m not even in the club, but because of Saturday, I am joining.

Today, I spent most of my day in a hair salon. I was there from noon to almost five. I cut, styled, dyed, highlighted and straightened my hair. It was a long day of nothingness. I hate the waiting that ensues when I go to the hair salon. I feel antsy. I also never know what to talk about with the hair stylist. I mean, I won’t tell my life story to someone I have never met. I could, but not if I go back there next time. I also hate staring at myself for hours in the mirror. I hate looking at myself in mirrors in general, especially when I sit behind the driver in a car. I liked the salon I went to today. Also, my hair turned out pretty cute, I guess…

No comments:

Post a Comment