Sunday, January 24, 2010

regular Entry 1/24/10-Callie Corday

This was a busy week for me. Wednesday and Friday were tennis tryouts. Saturday was the SATs. Sunday was the day for homework. There was also some fun stuff involved in my weekend, somewhere. It was so crazy and busy; I just really did not have enough time to do anything.

Tennis tryouts were rough. I hadn’t played tennis in a while, so I was very rusty. I felt bad for my partner while we were warming up. I think I said “sorry” about thirty times Wednesday. Friday started off pretty bad, but then when I started playing matches, I was in the zone. Wow, I can’t believe I just said that. Anyhow, I won my matches on Friday. Then, when there was only ten minutes left of tryouts, the coach told us to line up. She then told us that we were going to do suicides. Those were the worst things ever since I am not a runner. I went home and was glad that I couldn’t go anywhere. I studied the rest of the night.

Saturday morning, I had to wake up at six thirty. I was so tired that I couldn’t even function correctly. The school I was taking my test was thirty minutes away. I got to the school, and they wouldn’t allow anyone to go in. Basically, I had to wait in the cold for fifteen minutes before anyone was allowed inside. It was madness.

The actual SAT was harder than the PSAT. I think it was just because there were more sections. The math portion was so easy, which was great. Even the language arts part wasn’t too terrible. I just did not like it when we had to rewrite a paragraph in cursive. I have not written in cursive since third grade. I completely forgot how to write it. Also, the essay was hard. I had no idea what to write about, so one of my paragraphs is about Harry Potter. I really hope they add points for creativity.

After the SATs, I went to the movies with my family. I saw The Lovely Bones. It was good. I read the book, so I knew what was going on, since the director left out a lot of stuff. The filming was also very good. The CGI looked realistic as well. Overall, I was very impressed. I even had the urge to cry (but I didn’t). After the movie, I went over to Taylor’s house for her birthday. It was fun. She had a power rangers cake, which was awesome.

Today was uneventful except for when I bought my fish. I am now the proud owner of three GLOfish. They are the coolest fist because the glow in the dark. One is pink, the other is yellow, and the last is orange. I am very excited. I just need to name them though. I had to buy a tank with a filter; which was not cool. That thing cost me twenty-four dollars. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment