Friday, January 29, 2010

Other entry 2/1/10

This week was a very stressful week. I had three tests three straight days in a row. Not only did I have three tests, however those tests were all math tests. On Tuesday I had my AP Statistics test which I was very confused on. On Wednesday, I had to take the first part of my Pre-Calculus test which was extremely hard; however the part two on Thursday was much easier so I think my grade will balance out in the end. Also, this week was very sad in the World of Literature. Famous author J.D. Salinger died a couple days ago at the age of ninety one. He wrote many famous novels including perhaps the most prestigious novel of American Literature: The Catcher in the Rye. It is a reading requirement for many high school students across America and is a fascinating story. It is about a boy named Holden Caulfield who tells all these stories about himself in a city. One of his stories deals with him and a hooker after he leaves this academy that he despises. It is a famous novel in American Literature and it is a very big disappointment to see an author die like that.
Other news in sports is that the Pro Bowl will be played before the Super Bowl for the first time ever. This is a change that the National Football League has made and they believe that it will escalate the ratings of the Pro Bowl Game. The game is an All Star game for NFL athletes to display their skills. Personally, I think that the pro bowl is a great game to watch. It is the Superstars of the National Football League playing head to head in an All Star Football game. Also, a couple of weeks ago there was an incident in an NBA locker room. Washington Wizards’ players Javaris Crittenton and Gilbert Arenas both pulled guns on each other over a card game. Originally, Arenas pulled out his gun and left three guns on a stool and told Crittenton to pick one as a joke, however the Police did not see it funny at all and charged Gilbert Arenas with a felony. Personally I do not think that he was trying to be funny, I think that he was mad that he lost the card game and wanted to shoot Javaris Crittenton over it. I now have to write an AP Language Arts paper this weekend which I am very disappointed for having to do this very stressful assignment. It will probably take me four hours on Sunday to edit my paper and site all of my sources. However, there are more important things to be worrying about this weekend such as baseball tryouts are coming up next week which means that I need to hit Saturday and Sunday. I also need to throw and take some fly balls because I play Center Field. I am also looking forward to Spring Break, because I will be going down to Panama City for a couple of days. That should be fun and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment