Monday, January 18, 2010

Journal 1/19/10

When Friday finally came this past week, all I heard people saying was how long the week seemed to be. I geuss after having a 3-day week to return to school, the traditonal 5-day week would seem long to anyone, but for me, I felt like the week flew by. This past week was my first week back to work as well because I got laid off for the Holiday break. I work with my friend's grandparents who have like 6 grandchildren. When all these kids came back from college, John, my friend's grandpa, told me they didn't have enough work for me and all his grandchildren to do. After a month without working, I hardly had any money for a long time. Now that I'm back to work, I can't wait to start making money again. My friend and I also have a new system that we get paid by so it's going to be a lot easier for me to make money. Instead of getting paid by the hour from the clock, we get paid by the hour which is determined by how many emails subscribers we enter. For every 500 emails I do, that counts as 8 hours of work. The good thing about this new process is that I can usually do 500 in under 4 hours, so I am really getting paid double, like I am making $17 per hour.
But as the week neared its end, I planned on attending the production Julius Caesar. I left work at about 7:15 and by the time I could make it to the school, it was about 7:45 and the show was sold out! That really surprised me and I was mad because that was the only day that I was going to be able to go. So now that I am deprived of my extra points, I'm going to have to make up for it by going to another upcoming show.
This weekend brought a couple of gloomy, overcast days that really threw off my internal clock. Everyday this weekend, it was so dark that I didnt wake up until at least 12 PM each day. This made the day seem shorter and by 3 or 4 o'clock it seemed like it was already 7 or 8 because the weather was so crappy. But on Sunday I went to go see the new movie, The Book of Eli and I definitely have to say that it was a great movie. Depsite receiving a score of 50/100 by the critics, I still believe that it was an awesome film. As the end of the movie approached, the director threw in an awesome twist which I would have never expected and walking out of the theatre I felt inspired. I think that Denzel Washington did an amazing job and was perfect for the role that he filled in the film, not to mention that his character was a total B.A. Overall, I thought it was a really good movie whose setting is extremely similar to The Road by Cormac McCarthy and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment