Monday, January 18, 2010

weekend!

This weekend has been a strange mixture of many different elements combined. To begin my Friday, almost immediately after school, I went to an after school art class. I had no idea what to expect from this class. Going in to it, I knew no one except for the teacher. I found myself surrounded by a questionable mix of kids. They were either “emo” kids or normal looking one. As the class began, we were attempting to create pieces of scroll that looked aged. On the scrolls we would be painting ancient Asian themed pieces of art. This process included the strange step of dying the paper with coffee. Over the course of the remaining two hours, I designed my sketches for the next steps that we would be taking next week.
Shortly after the class, I went to the school play of Who Killed Julius Caesar? to act as usher for the production. Since I have already written about this part of the weekend, I’ll just move on to what I did after. As soon as the play ended, I went home and relaxed and watched a movie. That concluded my exciting Friday night.
The next day was much better. To begin the day, a friend came over very early in the morning. After they arrived, my mom took us to Mall of Georgia. At first we believed we would simply be shopping. However, we soon found the reason we had been brought there was because the mall was sponsoring a small college fair. Most of the colleges were unheard of private schools. Schools I would have absolutely no interest in going to previously. That was until I heard I could gain a full ride scholarship to most of hem, based on my SAT scores and grades. After having this fact revealed to me, my fears began to alleviate, as I saw that there were actual colleges I could gain admittance to.
When this simple college fair was wrapped up, we had the rest of the day to venture around the mall. We first had a quick lunch and soon after we were prowling around the mall, hunting for good deals on clothes and even getting some ideas on the prom dress situation that always seems to cause stress later on. After a few hours and one new shirt later, I went home to sleep and get ready for the next day.
Sunday, I was invited to something new, something I had never even heard of before. I was picked up to go to my first boat show. This was a strange event and as we arrived I began to have a sense of wonder at all the boats that made it in to the building. The boats were all beautiful and so much fun to climb on and look in. After sitting in a certain big oat for a stretch of time, I made up my mind that I would live in one for two years and travel the world.
After the show, I went home to spend the rest of the day with family. That pretty much concludes my weekend, unless I have a surprise for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment